Focused on an Ideal Learning Environment
Our students enjoy living and learning on USJ's beautiful 84-acre campus located in West Hartford because it offers the best of both worlds-a classic New England look and up-to-date facilities.
- Our gracefully designed campus features Georgian brick architecture and beautiful landscape created by Olmsted, the designer for Central Park.
- McGovern Hall, the hub of student activity, houses the Dining Hall, a snack bar, activities offices, a community lounge with a wide-screen TV, and the University Bookstore.
- The renowned School for Young Children, one of the oldest early childhood centers in the state, serves as an on-site laboratory for preschool teacher training.
- The Carol Autorino Center for the Arts and Humanities includes a 350-seat auditorium, five art galleries, classrooms, and faculty offices.
- The Pope Pius XII Library offers more than 133,700 volumes and online resources.
- The O'Connell Athletic Center features an indoor track, a basketball court/gym, an Olympic-size swimming pool, a dance studio, and a fitness center.
- The Information Technology Network Center provides state-of-the-art resources.
- Two new residence halls that opened in September 2008 provide modern living environments.
Whether you're taking in a performance at The Autorino Center, attending a leadership workshop at McGovern, or studying for a test in the library, you'll find that our environment encourages your academic success and inspires your personal growth.