Center for Academic Excellence
In concert with the University of Saint Joseph mission of providing a rigorous education for a diverse student population within a caring environment that promotes the growth of the whole person, the Center for Academic Excellence serves as a resource for USJ and the Greater Hartford community that fosters the academic success and growth of learners and future community leaders. To embody the University's values of compassionate service, academic excellence, respect, integrity, and diversity, the Center for Academic Excellence offers a range of services that contribute to a vibrant academic community.
Goals of the Center for Academic Excellence:
- To serve as a resource for USJ students and individuals in surrounding communities;
- To enhance University of Saint Joseph students' academic skills through one-on-one consultations, small-group tutorials, study tables, and other delivery modes;
- To provide a platform to educate and engage students and members of the local constituencies in the values of compassionate service and the rewards of academic excellence;
- To contribute to students' competency in written expression and critical reasoning across and within the disciplines;
- To develop leadership skills among students who serve as tutors;
- To assist faculty with integrating writing within their teaching, including writing assessment and pedagogical support;
- To provide Supplemental Instruction for students to advance their abilities to learn complex concepts and achieve success in challenging courses;
- To promote a strong academic community at the University of Saint Joseph through a variety of services.
Library, 2nd Floor