Earn college credit for what you already know
At USJ, we recognize that the needs and experiences of adult learners differ than those of traditional college students. What you've done in life matters — and it may translate to college credit, helping you fulfill your degree requirements quicker.
Our Credit for Prior Learning program gives you the opportunity to have your experience assessed by knowledgeable faculty. We will help you
- Identify areas of knowledge
- Match that knowledge to college courses
- Develop a Learning portfolio, which serves as a request for academic credit
- Submit your portfolio for college credit recommendations
It's easy to get started
- Set an appointment to discuss your options — contact Beverly Schott, assistant director of Transfer & Adult Learner Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.231.5384
- Enroll in INTD 115, Prior Learning Assessment Theory and Practice (3 credits) — this 8-week, online course is offered twice each semester. It will help you identify areas of learning and guide you in compiling all the materials needed for credit evaluation.
Save money while earning credits
How? Once you enroll in INTD 115, you can submit a portfolio for 3 credits within 7 months. This is like getting 2 courses for the price of one — INTD 115 plus the portfolio!
And it gets better: each subsequent portfolio only costs $125 — and that's for 3 academic credits!