Message from the Dean
We are proud of the long tradition of excellence in teacher preparation established at University of Saint Joseph and the intense commitment that our graduates bring to their students' learning. We are most honored by the way the Connecticut educational community embraces our graduates and applauds their practice.
Since 1932, through personal attention, small classes and an academic focus, the Department of Education has nurtured hundreds of undergraduates on our beautiful campus. Since 1959, we have welcomed thousands of men and women into the graduate school with the same dedication.
Who Chooses Saint Joseph College for Teacher Preparation?
- Undergraduates seeking teacher licensure in elementary, secondary, or special education.
- New graduates with a bachelor's degree seeking teacher licensure
- Career-changing adults with a bachelor's degree seeking teacher licensure
- Licensed educators seeking to obtain a Master of Arts degree in Education or Special Education
- Professionals with an M.A. who wish to further their studies with a second degree or a professional certificate.
Click here to view our accreditation information.
We have often heard that "the University of Saint Joseph is the best kept secret in Connecticut." Why not visit us and see for yourself? We are here to help you to achieve your professional goals and dreams.
I look forward to meeting each of you within our campus community. You will find a warm and caring atmosphere. In the spirit of Mercy hospitality - welcome to the University of Saint Joseph!
Kathleen A. Butler, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
Dean, School of Education