Institute for Autism and Behavioral Studies
The Institute for Autism and Behavioral Studies’ mission is to advance the knowledge of evidence-based practice related to Autism Spectrum Disorders and support improved outcomes for individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Taking a lifespan, developmental perspective, the overarching goal of the Institute is to improve educators’, professionals’ and parents’ understanding of Autism and the means to assess and implement interventions and supports. Through degree offerings, continuing education, professional development, community collaboration and research, the Institute will serve as regional leader in developing professionals with the ability to provide state-of-the-art intervention for individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or related disability. The interdisciplinary focus exists between the Psychology, Education, Counseling, Human Development and Family Services, Nursing, Nutrition and Pharmacy.
• Goal 1: Develop graduate and undergraduate programs of study the meet the needs of educators, professionals, and parents to meet the needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders across the lifespan and lead to certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst®.
• Goal 2: Expand community service offerings for parent, professional and educators to support individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders through instruction, continuing education and intervention services.
• Goal 3: Conduct applied and policy research to assess interventions and services available to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders across the lifespan.
• Goal 4: Develop and conduct pre-service and in-service trainings for professionals who work with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related disabilities.
The Graduate Programs in Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis at University of Saint Joseph draw on the specialized expertise in the Institute for Autism and Behavioral Studies and the School of Education to offer seven programs: five options specifically designed to prepare Behavior Analysts for important careers across a wide variety of settings and populations. Coursework in these programs is pre-approved by the national Behavior Analyst Certification BoardTM (BACB) as meeting the standards in preparation for certification in Behavior Analysis.
- Master of Science in Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis (MS A/ABA)
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (GC/ABA)
- The Certification Preparation Track (CPT/ABA)
- The Assistant Certification Preparation Track (ACPT/ABA)
- Supervised Experience Track (SE/ABA)
School of Education Programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Master of Arts in Special Education with a Concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorders
Check out the Winter 2011 issue of Outlook Magazine for an article about University of Saint Joseph's Autism Institute.
Take a look at the lecture by Dr. McCombes-Tolis on Reading Acquisition and Development in Autism
(PDF: 44pp., 20.5MB)
Download Dr. Molteni's lecture on Evidence Based Practice (PDF: 29pp., 214K)
Download Dr. Molteni's lecture on Embedded Social Skills Instruction (PDF: 36pp., 223K)
Listen to Dr. Molteni's interview on the Ray Dunaway radio show on WTIC 1080.
|Adobe Reader may be required to view these files. If you do not have Adobe Reader you may download it for free.|