Get answers to your questions about our Graduate programs.

Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us to find out more.

How do I apply?

The Graduate School uses an online application.

What is the application deadline?

Most Graduate programs at USJ use rolling admissions, so there is never a hard deadline to complete the admission file. However, the MSW program has priority deadline. Important dates to consider when completing a Graduate program application are the official start date of the next semester and the add/drop date. All required documents for registration and matriculation must be submitted by these dates in order to enroll for courses.

Can I meet with an adviser prior to applying?

If you have general questions about a program or the admission process, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions by phone at 860.231.5261 or by email.

You can also reach out to the program director or faculty from your program of interest; however, it is recommended that you submit an application and transcript first so the faculty member has your background prior to your discussion.

Open Houses provide the ideal opportunity to meet with a faculty member and/or program director. Information and a schedule is available at our Graduate Open House page.

What happens after I apply?

Once your application is processed, you will receive a welcome email and standard mailing comprised of your student ID number and login credentials to access the self-serve portal where you can track the contents of your admission file and both information on how to complete and submit the required admission forms.

Where do I submit the required matriculation documents? 

All documents (excluding the Proof of Immunization form) should be submitted to the Office of Graduate Admissions by mail, walk-in, email, fax, or web upload. Applicants may submit documents individually or wait and submit all at once.

Mail to:
The Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Saint Joseph
1678 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117

Walk-in to:
McDonough Hall, Room 100


Note: The Proof of Immunization form should be submitted to Health Services directly by mail, walk-in, or fax (860.231.6794).

What happens after I’ve submitted all the required matriculation documents? 

A copy of the file is sent to the program listed on your application for review. Once the program director has rendered a decision, the Office of Graduate Admissions will notify you through direct mail and email.

When am I eligible to register for classes?

The Office of Graduate Admissions must receive the following prior to registering for graduate courses as a non-matriculated student:

  • A completed application
  • Verification that the application fee was paid
  • A transcript showing degree conferral from a regionally-accredited institution that also shows the minimum GPA and course prerequisites of the program listed on the application

Non-matriculated students are limited to six credits and are not eligible for financial aid.

What are the deadlines for registration?

On-campus and online students can register for coursework until the add/drop date in a given semester (approximately two weeks after the official day classes begin).

How much do classes cost?

View our Tuition and fees page.

Can I receive financial aid?

Financial aid is only available to matriculated students in a master’s, doctoral, or initial teacher licensure programs who are registered for at least six credits each semester.

How do I pay for classes?

Graduate students can pay for coursework by visiting the cashier (located in the Registrar’s Office on the first floor of McDonough Hall) or online through the Student tab of MyUSJ. All bills are generated electronically by the institution.