International Students

International Students

Welcome! Bienvenidos! Willkommen! Bienvenue! 歡迎光臨! سهل وسهل

The University of Saint Joseph is pleased to open our doors to international students who want to apply for most of our on-campus graduate programs.

Contact us with any questions.

Matriculation Requirements:

To apply, you must meet the matriculation requirements of your selected program and submit the following additional documentation:

  • A completed supplemental application, sent to the attention of the Office of Graduate Admissions
  • All international diplomas, certificates, or transcripts being evaluated by a third-party evaluation service
  • Official score of 79 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 6.0 or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS, Academic version) if English is not your first and primary language

The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service permits USJ to admit non-immigrant students. Upon matriculation into a graduate degree program, you will be issued an I-20 A/B, which is used to pursue an F-1 student visa through the American Embassy or Consulate in your home country. This must be current at all times.

Before an immigration form is issued, the following must be submitted to the University:

  • A copy of your passport and current visa (if applicable)
  • Declaration and certification of finances form with supporting documentation, certified by a bank official
  • Documentation supporting that you have active health insurance
  • Any documentation required for additional, dependent visas

Notification Process:

  • Once you have completed the application process, you will be notified of the admissions decision on a rolling basis.
  • You will learn of the committee's decision by a letter from the director of graduate admissions.
  • Please note that I-20 forms are issued to students following acceptance for full-time study and verification of sufficient funding.
  • International students will not qualify for an F-1 student visa if you are pursuing an online program.