Find the payment option that fits your needs.
There are a variety of options available to USJ students. Review the information below, or contact the Cashier Office at 860.231.5266, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about your bill.
Registration for future semesters is not allowed if students have a financial obligation from a prior semester.
OPTION 1: PAYMENT IN FULL
Payment Due Dates:
- University students
- August 1, fall semester
- December 21, spring semester
- Off-campus Education Master’s program
- First class meeting of each semester
- School of Pharmacy
- August 15, fall semester
- December 15, spring semester
- May 15, summer session
- If you register after the payment due date, payment is due within 10 days of registration.
- There are no payment plans for summer session. Payment is due by May 15. If you register after May 15, payment is due within 10 days of your enrollment.
Payment by Check:
- Checks may be made payable to: University of Saint Joseph, and mailed to USJ, Cashier Office, 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117.
- Payment by check authorizes USJ either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. With electronic fund transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day we receive your payment, and you will not receive your check back.
- Pay in person or use our payment lock box at the Cashier Office, located on the first floor of McDonough Hall.
Payment by Credit Card, Debit Card or Electronic Check:
- We accept Master Card, Discover, Visa, or American Express.
- Log onto MYUSJ > Billing Tab > Go to Cashnet, scroll down to Make A Payment & click to make a payment.
- There is a 2.75% processing charge for credit card and debit card payments. There is no fee for ACH payments from checking or savings accounts. Credit card payment requests are not accepted by telephone, in writing or in person.
- E-bills may be accessed by logging onto MYUSJ > Billing Tab > Go to Cashnet.
- E-bills will be processed for fall semester beginning in July and for spring semester beginning in November. Notification is sent to your USJ e-mail account.
OPTION 2: USJ UNDERGRADUATE & GRADUATE STUDENT ONLINE INSTALLMENT PAYMENT PLAN
- Budget all or part of your charges up to a five-month period each semester without interest charges.
- Tuition and fees directly billed and due to the University of Saint Joseph may be budgeted through this plan.
- Anticipated expenses for books, supplies, and off-campus housing cannot be included in this payment plan.
- Payments must be made online using ACH from checking or savings or credit card.
How to Enroll:
- Enroll at MYUSJ > Billing tab >Go to Cashnet, click on Installment Payment Plans.
- Enrollment fee is $35.00 per semester.
- Payments for the online installment plan must be made online at Cashnet using your Discover Card, Master Card, Visa, American Express or withdrawal from your checking or savings account. There is a 2.75% processing fee for credit card and debit card payments.
Enrollment and Payment Due Dates:
- Enrollment for fall semester monthly payment plan begins in May, with the first payment due in July. Payments are due on the fifth of each month: July, August, September, October, and November. PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE ONLINE.
- There is a 2.75% processing fee for credit or debit cards.
- Enrollment for spring semester begins in November with the first payment due in December and remaining payments due: January, February, March, and April.
- If you enroll after the first payment dates of July 5 and December 5, payment is due at the time of enrollment.
- Plans are not extended past November for the fall or April for spring.
- There are no payment plans for summer session.
OPTION 3: OFF-CAMPUS EDUCATION MASTERS PROGRAM
Students in this program may choose to break up their session payments using the Pay As You Go Payment Plan:
- Payments are due on the first and fifth weeks of each class.
- Pay As You Go (PAYG) forms are available by contacting the Graduate Office.
- Completed PAYG Forms and payments may be sent to University of Saint Joseph, Cashier Office, 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117 or by fax to 860.231.8396 prior to the first class meeting each session.
- Please be sure to retain a copy of your form to reference for payment due dates and amounts. Your amount due will decrease as payments are received on the account.
- Classes for each session are billed in full prior to the start of each session. A new PAYG form is required for each session your wish to enroll in this plan.
OPTION 4: SCHOOL OF PHARMACY
Students in this program may choose a four-month payment plan each semester:
- Payments are due on the 15th of each month.
- Completed payment plan forms may be mailed to University of Saint Joseph, Cashier Office, 1678 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117 or by fax to 860.231.8396.
- Payment due date for students not on the payment plan are August 15 (fall semester); December 15 (spring semester); and May 15 (summer session).
OPTION 5: THIRD-PARTY BILLING
University of Saint Joseph will send a bill directly for payment to a third party, provided we receive written authorization to do so.
- Authorization must indicate payment will be made upon receipt of the bill and that proof of payment and/or satisfactory grades are not required for payment.
- Authorization form must be sent to the Cashier's Office for processing each semester you are requesting third-party billing.
- Students must be enrolled in all classes including module classes within the first two weeks of the semester to qualify for third-party billing.
- Authorization forms must be received in the Cashier Office prior to payment due dates each semester; fax 1.860.231.8396 or email email@example.com.
OPTION 6: EMPLOYER REIMBURSEMENT
Students who receive reimbursement for classes after successfully completing the class may take advantage of the USJ Payment Plan Option as outlined in Option #2. Payment is due in compliance with established University due dates and not at the end of the semester.
OPTION 7: WAIVERS
Students receiving any type of tuition waiver must present the completed/authorized waiver form at the time of registration to the Office of the Bursar. All charges not covered by the waiver must be paid by the due dates listed above. Multiple waivers are not honored, and waivers carry no monetary value.
LATE PAYMENT FEE-BURSAR HOLD
- Accounts not paid by due dates as listed above will be assessed a $100.00 late fee.
- Student accounts will be placed on Bursar Hold.
- Official transcripts will not be released and enrollment for future semesters at the University is prohibited until financial obligations have been cleared.