explore greatness

Veteran's Services

Veteran's Services

Get assistance in applying for federal educational benefits.

The Office of the Registrar acts as a liaison between veteran students and the Veteran’s Administration (VA) as part of the educational assistance program the Yellow Ribbon Program. Contact us for more information.

Full- or part-time veteran students enrolled in an approved program of study are eligible to receive education assistance, which may include:

  • Payments for books, courses and tutoring
  • A housing allowance
  • Additional benefits for veterans with disabilities
  • Educational benefit transferred to a dependent, in some circumstances

Conditions of the program:

  • Veteran students may receive financial aid and educational assistance from the VA at the same time.
  • Any grants or scholarships obtained while receiving educational assistance from the VA will be reduced from your total tuition and fees sent to the VA each semester.
  • The VA will not pay for Continuing Education courses, audited courses, or courses that do not count toward your USJ program of study.