Get assistance in applying for federal educational benefits.
The Office of the Registrar acts as a liaison between veteran students and the Veteran’s Administration (VA) as part of the educational assistance program the Yellow Ribbon Program. Contact us for more information.
Full- or part-time veteran students enrolled in an approved program of study are eligible to receive education assistance, which may include:
- Payments for books, courses and tutoring
- A housing allowance
- Additional benefits for veterans with disabilities
- Educational benefit transferred to a dependent, in some circumstances
Conditions of the program:
- Veteran students may receive financial aid and educational assistance from the VA at the same time.
- Any grants or scholarships obtained while receiving educational assistance from the VA will be reduced from your total tuition and fees sent to the VA each semester.
- The VA will not pay for Continuing Education courses, audited courses, or courses that do not count toward your USJ program of study.