Welcome! Bienvenidos! Willkommen! Bienvenue! 歡迎光臨! سهل وسهل
Learn more about our University, student life and housing on campus, or contact us with any questions.
Ready to Apply?
Your file will be reviewed after completing the following steps:
- Submit the appropriate USJ application, or The Common Application, to the Office of Admissions.
- Have your official transcripts translated and evaluated by a credit evaluation agency, unless completed in the U.S, and sent directly from the agency to the University. Recommended agencies include: World Educational Services; Josef Silny and Associates; Center for Educational Documentation; Educational Credential Evaluators.
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS, Academic version) if English is not your first and primary language, and send in your score. Students with a TOEFL score of 65 or higher, or an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher, will be considered for admission.
- If your primary language is English submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Complete an essay of 250 words or more. It must be in English.
- Submit any additional, required information for the program you are considering (additional documents and/or an interview if requested).
Once the application process has been completed, you will be notified of the admissions decision on a rolling basis. To accept the offer of admission, you must complete the appropriate form and submit a non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be credited toward the first-semester bill.
NOTE: I-20 forms are issued to students following acceptance for full-time study and verification of sufficient funding. International students will not qualify for an F-1 student visa if they are pursuing an online program.
Obtaining Your Student Visa:
USJ is permitted by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service to admit non-immigrant students. Upon admission to a degree program, you will be issued an I-20 A/B, which is used to pursue an F-1 student visa through the American Embassy or Consulate in your home country. This must be current at all times. Before an immigration form is issued, the following must be submitted to the University:
- A copy of your passport and current visa (if applicable)
- Declaration and certification of finances form with supporting documentation, certified by a bank official
- I-20 request form, provided by the University of Saint Joseph
- Any documentation required for additional, dependent visas
Requirements to receive an I-20 F-1 student visa:
- Must be a matriculated student: undergraduate, graduate or adult learner
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits for undergraduates and adult learners and nine credits for graduate students)
- Online degree programs are excluded from student visas
For more information on obtaining student visas, visit the U.S. Consular Affairs website.
International Student Health Information:The following vaccines and exams are required from international students:
- MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
NOTE: If immunization records are not available, please submit a laboratory report showing immunity to these illnesses.
NOTE: A second dose of varicella vaccine is now required. For individuals reporting prior natural illness, health care provider verification of illness is necessary.
- Menactra or comparable quadrivalent meningitis vaccine (for students who are residing on campus)
- Physical examination
Health sciences students (Nursing, Pharmacy and Dietetic Interns) have additional health requirements. Please review the USJ physical form and department materials for further detail. All international students are required to maintain health insurance coverage provided by USJ. For more information, visit Heath Services.