Welcome home to a college environment that embraces tradition and modern scholarship. We pride ourselves on valuing you as an individual throughout the admissions process, allowing you an opportunity to discover all that USJ can help you accomplish.
Focused on YOU
- You will join students from a multitude of faith traditions and backgrounds who are empowered for success.
- You will be a part of about 1,000 undergraduate students studying on campus.
- Your options will be plentiful with more than 20 academic programs offered in our women's program complimented by exciting internships and research opportunities.
- You will learn from faculty members and students who emphasize leadership in academics, career and community.
- Inquire about the University of Saint Joseph or register for an event.
Core Values at the University of Saint Joseph
The core values are evident in the University's curriculum and daily life on campus. They include:
- Compassionate service
- Catholic identity
- Commitment to women through academic excellence
For almost 80 years, the University of Saint Joseph has been combining excellence in liberal arts with career-focused, professional education for women. Founded in 1932 by the Sisters of Mercy, the college for women offered a diverse student population unmatched opportunities to excel. Drawing on its Mercy heritage, the University is a community that promotes the growth of the whole person. This is accomplished in a caring environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
Learn more about our history.