Focused on First Year StudentsAs a first-year student at the University of Saint Joseph, you will be given the tools you will need to succeed throughout your entire college career.
- You will learn from faculty who strive to inspire you to fulfill your potential.
- Classes are always taught by University of Saint Joseph faculty.
- Average class size is 14; student/faculty ratio is 12:1.
You will enroll in the First-Year Seminar (FYS), a three-credit course specifically designed to help you in your transition to college-level learning and living. The seminar teaches essential critical thinking, reading, and writing skills through a variety of courses such as "Pleased to Tweet You," "Going Green: Making Money Work for You," and "Together Everyone Achieves More - An Adventure Approach."
In the USJ Community:
- You have access to programs that will enhance your ability to succeed such as our Center for Academic Excellence (CAE), online tutoring, and access to our Writing Center.
- Special learning opportunities include the Honors Program, Service Learning experiences, and Study Abroad.
- You can participate in internships, clinical placements, and community service initiatives both locally and globally.
- You can learn outside of the classroom in our unique laboratory schools, or at our sister hospital in Guyana, South America.
A degree from the University of Saint Joseph will give you everything you need in order to focus on success: skills, confidence, mentorship, and professional preparation.
Have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.