Earn a Master of Science in Management and Become a Global Leader
An advanced degree in management is an essential component to success in any organization - from non-profits to government agencies to small or large businesses.
At the University of Saint Joseph, our Business Administration department offers a Master of Science in Management; a degree that provides students with the skills and knowledge required to succeed as a leader in the modern world.
Managers today are under constant scrutiny to develop new projects and use new technology to transform their organizations. They are also expected to behave in an ethical manner and develop sound financial and strategic approaches to markets. Furthermore, they must provide a fair and equitable wage to employees and an adequate profit for shareholders.
The M.S. in Management at USJ prepares the leaders of tomorrow with the practical and theoretical foundation to find success in organizations of all sizes. This flexible program is built to accommodate working professionals as well as recent undergraduates, with classes offered at night, on the weekends, and online, with full- and part-time options available.
Our master’s degree in management takes a values-centered approach to business leadership education, with a solid core curriculum focused on the latest theoretical concepts and their practical applications in organizations across a broad scope of industries. Classes are taught by our outstanding faculty with class sizes small enough for personal and individualized attention.
Our core curriculum establishes a firm foundation in management concepts—from marketing and finance to stakeholder relations and business ethics. The program culminates in a capstone project that emphasizes the skills and behaviors that enable a manager to engage in such activities as strategic planning, policy development, and outcomes assessment.
Students in the M.S. in Management have the option to earn one of three graduate certificates through a series of elective courses. These certificates help to establish specializations and indicate dedication and professionalism to future employers. They include:
- Contemporary Project Management Graduate Certificate – Of interest to current project managers as well as those aspiring to take on project management responsibilities.
- Healthcare Systems Management Graduate Certificate – Oriented toward individuals who wish to advance or begin a career in healthcare management.
- Health Informatics Graduate Certificate – The first program of its kind in Connecticut to advance health care and IT careers in addition to strengthening students’ analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Our Master of Science in Management is a versatile degree that can open the door to a range of industries and organizations of all sizes. Our core curriculum covers management concepts that are widely applicable in non-profits, government organizations, and corporations.
Previous graduates of this program have gone on to find employment as:
- Benefits/Contract Managers
- Budget/Management Analysts
- Credit Managers/Loan Officers
- Financial Analysts
- Fundraiser/Development Officers
- Small Business Managers
- Industrial/Clinical Operations Managers
- Property or Real Estate Managers
View our online catalog for curriculum information.