GUIDELINES FOR THESIS STUDENTS
This option is for a limited number of students who must receive prior approval of their research proposal by the program director and a USJ thesis advisor. Students interested in pursuing this option should meet, in their first year, with the Graduate Program Director (GPD) to discuss the thesis requirements.
- Find and secure a laboratory to work on your research as a volunteer, confirming that the institution’s insurance will cover your work in their lab. If this work is done in the same lab as your job, the thesis project must be substantially different from your paid work and must be done outside of your normal work hours.
- Submit a letter from the principal research investigator with whom you plan to work that states that your research will be conducted in their laboratory and that the necessary supplies to complete the research will be provided through their funding.
- In collaboration with the principal research investigator, write a preliminary plan of your research, including a basic description for the thesis application.
- Fill out the application that you received after meeting with the GPD.
- File the application with the University of Saint Joseph Chemistry Department. The deadlines for submitting applications are as follows:
|Semester you plan to register for CHEM599 Thesis||Last date for USJ Thesis Committee meeting|