ADVANCED TEACHING IN SPECIAL EDUCATION, M.A.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF STUDENTS AND FAMILIES WITH OUR M.A. IN ADVANCED TEACHING IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
A master's degree in Special Education from USJ provides an excellent foundation to move from classroom to career, or into a medical, dental, pharmacy, or physical therapy school.
About USJ's Special Education M.A. with Cross-Endorsement Program
- Core coursework includes Special Education research, laws, and curricular adaptations
- Choose from a selection of courses that fulfill SDE-identified transcript needs and professional goals, in consultation with faculty
- Integrates theory and practice, using research-based practices
- Provides opportunities for completion of course-specific observations and tasks in your own school setting
- Clinical experiences are supervised by expert faculty in partnership schools and agencies
- Two courses include a supervised clinical experience
- Camaraderie and collaboration among candidates committed to making a difference is an integral part of the program
- Summer practica placements are offered to fulfill requirements established by the Connecticut State Department of Education
Transcript Review for Cross Endorsement by Connecticut State Department of Education
- A CDSE consultant will review transcripts and provide a written response. This letter and a copy of the initial teaching license are required for the application process.
- With a Special Education advisor, you will develop a planned program of study as part of the Graduate Admissions process, selecting courses that have been approved by the CDSE.
Following successful completion of all coursework, practica, and state tests (Praxis II and Foundations of Reading), you will apply directly to the CDSE for issuance of the certificate.