Early Childhood/Special Education, MAT
Earn your Nursery to Grade 3 teaching license and M.A. degree in an accelerated Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program.
Are you ready to make a lasting impact on a child’s life?
USJ’s graduate program in Early Childhood Education/Special Education will prepare you to work with young children and their families in a variety of educational and early intervention settings.
NURSERY TO GRADE 3 MASTER OF ARTS TEACHING IN EARLY CHILDHOOD/SPECIAL EDUCATION Degree PROGRAM BENEFITS:
- Allows you to earn your Nursery to Grade 3 license in just 15 months, or to design a self-paced sequence of courses over a longer period of time
- Offers evening classes
- Our Early Childhood Education/Special Education courses include hands-on field experiences with partner schools, including USJ laboratory schools
- Focuses on a rich, research-based, practitioner-oriented approach
- Nationally recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Benefits from partnerships with The School for Young Children
Did You Know?
- There is a shortage of licensed teachers in early childhood education.
- The Connecticut Department of Labor predicts a 25% increase in the need for early childhood educators over the next five years.
- As of July 1, 2013, newly licensed teachers must hold the Nursery to Grade 3 license to teach Kindergarten.
- 100% of USJ candidates in Early Childhood/Special Education passed Praxis II exams for Nursery to Grade 3 licensure in 2011-2012.