Comprehensive Special Education, MAT
Address the academic and social learning needs of students not meeting grade-level expectations with our
Comprehensive Special Education Masters of art in teaching
Become an expert and an advocate. As a USJ Special Education graduate student, you will acquire a professional skill set that is in high demand.
Apply with Confidence
Sign up for a free TEACH Connecticut account to apply to our program like a pro. Features:
- Interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.
The Comprehensive Special Education master's program prepares highly effective practitioners in Special Education whose work is grounded in current research, theory and evidence-based practice. Candidates develop professional skills and dispositions to effect positive change for students with specialized learning needs. Candidates will earn K-12 teacher licensure in Special Education.
Comprehensive SPECIAL EDUCATION MAT WITH TEACHER LICENSURE PROGRAM BENEFITS
- You will learn to assess and teach students grades K-12 with disabilities impacting cognition, language, academics and/or social-emotional learning in Connecticut public schools and private schools
- Our engaged faculty has expertise in disabilities, school and related services, literacy, mathematics, behavior, assessment, technology, collaboration, and laws
- Our Special Education MAT programs integrate theory and practice, using research-based practices
- You will have multiple opportunities for observations, fieldwork, and supervised clinical in partnership schools and agencies prior to student teaching and practica