Become a member of the prestigious international honor society for nursing.
USJ is an active participant in the international honor society for nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, Iota Upsilon-at-Large Chapter.
Its mission is to support the learning, knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide.
Iota Upsilon-at-Large Chapter membership is comprised of individuals from the University of Saint Joseph, University of Hartford, Central Connecticut State University, and outstanding nurse leaders.
- Membership is by invitation to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship (based on GPA and rank in class), and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing.
- More than 405,000 members have been inducted worldwide.
- The honor society has more than 130,000 active members.
- Members reside in 86 countries.
RESEARCH GRANTS AND AWARDS OF RECOGNITION:
- Beverly Koerner Research Award
- Iota Upsilon Chapter Research Award to Graduate Students
- Terry Bosworth Global Nursing Award
- Iota Upsilon Chapter Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice
- Witt-Haloburdo Mentorship Award
- MacRae Nursing Student Leadership Awards