Health Coaching Certificate (Online)
Health coaches make an impact on the health of others
Share your passion for healthy living by becoming a health coach.
Health and wellness coaches are health professionals from diverse backgrounds who help individuals & groups improve their health by changing their behavior. The health coach works on chronic disease management, risk prevention, health promotion and pursuit of holistic health goals.
Health coaching is growing rapidly in the United States and worldwide. Coaching can be offered face-to-face or electronically. Since the passage of the 2012 Affordable Care Act shifted responsibility for patient outcomes to health care providers, health coaches have been hired to handle high-risk patients and to improve general wellness. Employment is continuing to rise. Although there is no state or federal licensing of health coaches, this USJ program provides a quality academic credential.
- Application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Sealed transcript of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and any additional graduate coursework
- Transcripts from all colleges or institutions attended
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Two professional letters of recommendation with cover sheet
- A letter of intent explaining your interest and pursuit of the M.S. Nutrition program
- The Nutrition Planned Program of Study form
- NO GRE or other exam required