Public Health, B.S.
Welcome to the Public Health program at USJ!
The Public Health major prepares you for a rewarding career improving health in your community and making a positive difference in the world.
Public health is the art and science of improving health through collective efforts of the community. The Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health offers an exciting, interdisciplinary curriculum and provides students with practical skills for success in a variety of public health fields or graduate degree programs.
As a Public Health Major, you will:
- Understand the public health approach to improving the health of communities
- Learn practical and theoretical strategies for promoting health and preventing disease
- Apply analytic and communication skills, research, and theory to real world public health problems
- Benefit from small class sizes and faculty with years of experience in public health practice
- Complete field based internships to prepare you for jobs after graduation