Doctor of Pharmacy Preceptor Information
Access valuable information on experiential education for USJ’s Doctor of Pharmacy Program adjunct Instructors
Explore this section to learn more about experiential education, a key element of USJ’s Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum.
USJ's Doctor of Pharmacy Program includes two major experiential education components
The Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE)
- Begin in the very first semester
- Offered concurrently with didactic classes to reinforce learning experience
- Scheduled as one full day per week over a five-week period during the fall and spring semesters of the P1 and P2 years, and one four-week (40 hrs/wk) segment between the P1 and P2 years
The Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE)
- Six, six-week APPEs occur during the final year of the curriculum
- Integrate classroom knowledge, professional performance and professionalism
- Ensure competency in the provision of patient care
- Include four required rotations (one each in institutional/hospital practice, advanced community practice, ambulatory care and adult acute care) and two elective rotations
Become a Preceptor for USJ's Doctor of Pharmacy Program
Please fill out the form below.