Academic Advisement Center
Explore USJ academic offerings and pursue your career goals
The Academic Advisement Center provides individual advising and support systems to help you explore options for continued intellectual and professional development.
Contact us today to learn more about our services, which are designed to aid your success at all levels of your education.
Explore Our Academic Service SpacesLaunch Academic Services
Undergraduate Students (Full-time)
A professional advisor will support you until the middle of your sophomore year, when you declare your major and a faculty member in that department becomes your advisor.
Undergraduate Students (Part-time)
USJ’s Program for Part-time Undergraduate Students is designed to meet the needs of students who seek a more flexible course schedule.
As a student in the program, you will be work with an advisor to:
- Recognize how your interests and abilities relate to academic majors
- Plan coursework that will enable you to earn a bachelor’s degree in your chosen field of study
- Connect you to the resources of USJ from academics to alumni
USJ advisors will:
- Encourage you to recognize how your interests and abilities relate to academic majors
- Help clarify your values
- Plan educational programs that will enable you to explore options for continued intellectual and professional development
USJ has a long tradition of working closely with transfer students.
We want to ensure you make the best use of your previous experience in order to help you achieve your long-term goals. That’s why all students are assigned an advisor who meets with you regularly to develop your individual plan of study.
- Students who arrive at USJ with less than 45 credits, are Nursing majors (first bachelor’s degree), or have not yet chosen a major are assigned to a professional advisor in the Academic Advisement Center until they are prepared to move on to their major departments.
- Students who transfer with 45 credits or more and all second-degree candidates are assigned a faculty advisor in their major departments.
If you are interested in taking a few courses before applying or would like to speak with an academic advisor, see the “Meet the Advising Staff” section below to find the appropriate contact person.
Location: Pope Pius XII Library, 2nd floor
Email: [email protected]