Women’s Leadership Center
Committed to preparing women for success in their future careers.
Founded in 2016, the Women’s Leadership Center at the University of Saint Joseph is committed to developing inspiring and effective leaders.
Women’s Leadership Center mission is to:
- Provide multi-generational experiences within a diverse community
- Build a collaborative, inclusive value-based environment in which individuals develop new and enhance existing leadership skills
- Offer educational programs, including professional and executive education
- Support research related to women’s leadership
- Promote mentorship and sponsorship programs
The Women’s Leadership Center is focused on five goals from 2018-2021:
How to Accomplish Our Goals
The WLC provides workshops and courses, training sessions, supports research, and offers networking opportunities for women determined to further develop their talents and achieve success in their chosen field.
In addition to helping women succeed, research conducted by the WLC aims to better understand what prevents women from reaching senior management and leadership positions. That research, in turn, guides the Center’s program initiatives in order to help women excel.
Visit us soon to learn more about this innovative research.
Read the latest!WLC Newsletters
Sign Up for the Women’s Leadership Center Newsletter
- Katharine Ann Buck, Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies, USJ
- Lori Budnick, Principle, CLA
- Judy Casperson, Vice President – Small Business & Community Impact Branch Manager, KeyBank
- Donna Collins, Executive Producer, Media and Marketing Consultant
- Jessica Dodge, Managing Director, CTNext
- Rhona Free, President, USJ
- Michelle Kalis, Provost, USJ
- Marcia Leclerc, Former Mayor, Town of East Hartford
- Lois Lewis, Freelance Writer/Editor
- Dara Macchi, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Data Analytics, American Eagle Financial Credit Union
- Maggie Pinney, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, USJ
- Lynn Ricci, President and CEO, Hospital for Special Care
- Stacy Routhier, Director of Marketing and Communications, USJ
- Carol Stiff, President, Stiff Sports Media Consulting, LLC
- Heather Summerer, Associate Director, Public Affairs, Pratt & Whitney
- Sharon Ware, Associate Professor of Special Education, USJ
- Diane Whitney, Attorney, Pullman & Comley