Health Care Careers at USJ
Start your purpose-driven career as a student in one of USJ’s nationally recognized health care programs
USJ educates students for many careers in health care by building on a firm foundation in the arts and sciences. The University’s mission promotes the growth of the whole person in a caring environment and fosters strong ethical values, intellectual curiosity, personal integrity, and a commitment to the health and well-being of society. The goal is to prepare graduates to practice the art and science of caring for people in our community, be effective leaders, and use evidence-based resources to improve the health of persons, families, and communities.
- Biochemistry, M.S. (Online)
- Biology, M.S. (Online)
- Chemistry, M.S. (Online)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A.
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Marriage & Family Therapy, M.A.
- Nursing, M.S.
- Nutrition, M.S. (Online)
- Physician Assistant Studies (PA Program), MSPAS
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Public Health, MPH (Online)
- Nursing, DNP (Post-Bachelor’s)
- Nursing, DNP (Post-Master’s)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) with University of Hartford
Access Our Renowned Facilities and Curriculum
- Small faculty-student clinical ratio provides the personal attention and guidance needed to be successful in today’s acute-care settings
- State-of-the-art technology supports learning in our fully operational laboratories in our pharmacy, nursing, physician assistant programs.
Learn from Clinical Placements in Leading Health Care Agencies
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- CCMC Medical Center
- Hartford Hospital
- Hospital of Central Connecticut
- Middlesex Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Saint Mary Home
- Jefferson House
Health Professions Advising
Begin to pursue a health-related profession with USJ’s Health Professions Advising for careers in biomedical sciences including Dental, Medicine, Physical Therapy, and Veterinary.
Contact the Health Professions Advisory Committee
Earn Professional Respect
Our nursing, mental health, and health care faculty consist of renowned professionals involved in research, clinical practice, and professional scholarship both nationally and internationally.
Join a Winning Team of Health Care Graduates
- Many students who prepare with a USJ B.S. degree, with a concentration in a mental health or health care field, are ready for the workforce, many continue on to earn their master’s degree.
- Graduates are employed in hospitals, schools, private corporations, and other health care organizations, such as:
- Health Clinics
- Food Services
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Pediatric Intensive Care
- Home Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Post-operative Cardiac Care
- Critical Care
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Facilities and Private Practices
- State Agencies
- Emergency Departments
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master’s degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and/or post-graduate APRN certificate program at University of Saint Joseph is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.