Healthcare Careers at USJ
Start your purpose-driven career as a student in one of USJ’s nationally recognized healthcare programs
USJ educates students for many careers in healthcare by building on a firm foundation in the arts and sciences. The University’s mission promotes the growth of the whole person in a caring environment and fosters strong ethical values, intellectual curiosity, personal integrity, and a commitment to the health and well-being of society. The goal is to prepare graduates to practice the art and science of caring for people in our community, be effective leaders, and use evidence-based resources to improve the health of persons, families and communities.
- Bioengineering (3+2 program with Fairfield University)
- Exercise Science
- Health Science (Direct Entry PA)
- Health Science (General)
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Public Health
- Biochemistry, M.S. (Online)
- Biology, M.S. (Online)
- Chemistry, M.S. (Online)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A.
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Marriage & Family Therapy, M.A.
- Nursing, M.S.
- Nutrition, M.S. (Online)
- Physician Assistant Studies (PA Program), MSPAS
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Public Health, MPH (Online)
Access Our Renowned Facilities and Curriculum
- Small faculty-student clinical ratio provides the personal attention and guidance needed to be successful in today’s acute-care settings
- State-of-the-art technology supports learning in our fully operational laboratories in our pharmacy, nursing, physician assistant programs.
- Review our undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
Learn from Clinical Placements in Leading Health Care Agencies
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- CCMC Medical Center
- Hartford Hospital
- Hospital of Central Connecticut
- Middlesex Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Saint Mary Home
- Jefferson House
Earn Professional Respect
Our nursing, mental health, and healthcare faculty consist of renowned professionals involved in research, clinical practice, and professional scholarship both nationally and internationally.
Join a Winning Team of Healthcare Graduates
- Many students who prepare with a USJ B.S. degree, with a concentration in a mental health or healthcare field, are ready for the workforce, many continue on to earn their master’s degree.
- Graduates are employed in hospitals, schools, private corporations, and other health care organizations, such as:
- Health Clinics
- Food Services
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Pediatric Intensive Care
- Home Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Post-operative Cardiac Care
- Critical Care
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Facilities and Private Practices
- State Agencies
- Emergency Departments
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master’s degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and/or post-graduate APRN certificate program at University of Saint Joseph is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.