For the latest COVID-19 updates click here
Reading Time: 3 minutes

Grievance and Appeals Procedures

About Grievance and Appeals Procedures

If you are taking any University of Saint Joseph courses and you have a complaint about your experience with the University of Saint Joseph, you can follow the University’s process for student appeals and grievances, which is located in the Student Handbook.

For students who have exhausted all institutional grievance procedures, the following state and accrediting agencies are available to address complaints:

  • The University’s regional accrediting agency, the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), is located at 3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA, 01803 at 855.886.3272
  • The Connecticut Office of Higher Education, at: Office of Higher Education, 450 Columbus Blvd, STE 510, Hartford, CT 06103-1841 at 860.947.1800
  • The University of Saint Joseph has been approved by Connecticut to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.  NC-SARA is a voluntary regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. If you reside outside of Connecticut, and are attending the University of Saint Joseph via an online distance-learning course and wish to file a complaint please refer to the Grievance and Appeals Procedures in the University of Saint Joseph Catalog.

Work at USJ

Join our team.

Make a Gift

Make a lasting impact.

Mission and Values

View our mission statement and core values.



Meet Our Great Faculty

Explore the professors of USJ.