Join us! Find out what it takes to transfer your credits from another accredited institution
USJ will recognize the academic credit you’ve been awarded at other regionally and nationally accredited higher education institutions.
- Courses you’ve completed that are of the general nature of courses offered at USJ will be applied toward the minimum semester credit hours required for graduation.
- Only grades of C- or better are accepted as transfer credit.
- You will receive a “T” (transfer) grade on your academic record for transferred credits. Only the credits earned per class will reflect in total earned credits; letter grades (A-D) do not transfer.
Transfer credit is not awarded for:
- “Credit by Examination” completed at other colleges
- P grades, unless they are proven to be worth C or better
- A repeat course for a non-passing or low grade received at USJ
- A class taken outside of USJ if that same course has been awarded credit at USJ
How to transfer your credits:
- Obtain a signed approval from your academic advisor and the registrar.
- The academic advisor and department chairperson must approve the classes that you wish to transfer toward your major.
Additional Transfer credit information:
- Check out USJ's transfer equivalency system (TES). You can view already established equivalencies between USJ and many other institutions.
Official transcripts can be mailed directly to:
Undergraduate Admissions or Registrar's Office (current students only)
1678 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
If you have questions about starting the process, please call Admissions at 860.231.5216. If you already a current USJ student, please call the Registrar's Office at 860.231.5225.