Transfer Credits

Join us! Find out what it takes to transfer your credits from another accredited institution

Transfer Equivalency System

USJ will recognize the academic credit you’ve been awarded at other regionally and nationally accredited higher education institutions.

  • Courses you’ve completed that are of the general nature of courses offered at USJ will be applied toward the minimum semester credit hours required for graduation.
  • Only grades of C- or better are accepted as transfer credit.
  • You will receive a “T” (transfer) grade on your academic record for transferred credits. Only the credits earned per class will reflect in total earned credits; letter grades (A-D) do not transfer.

Transfer Credit is Not Awarded For:

  • “Credit by Examination” completed at other colleges
  • P grades, unless they are proven to be worth C or better
  • A repeat course for a non-passing or low grade received at USJ
  • A class taken outside of USJ if that same course has been awarded credit at USJ

Credit for Service in the Armed Forces

USJ will award one semester hour of transfer credit for completion of basic military training.

Other educational experiences earned during military service will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. These requests require an official transcript from the respective college or university for consideration. Contact us to learn more.

Transfer International Credits

To transfer credits from a non-U.S. institution, you must have your transcript evaluated by a professional evaluation service. Below are two services that can be used. Contact us for more information.

World Education Services (WES)

Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087

Phone: 212.966.6311
Fax: 212.739.6100
Toll-free: 800.937.3895

Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE)

P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470

Phone: 414.289.3400
Fax: 414.289.3411

How To Transfer Your Credits:

  • If you have questions about starting the process, please call Admissions at 860.231.5216.
  • If you already a current USJ student, please call the Registrar’s Office at 860.231.5225.
  • Obtain a signed approval from your academic advisor and the registrar.
  • The academic advisor and department chairperson must approve the classes that you wish to transfer toward your major.

Additional Transfer Credit Information

Check out USJ’s transfer equivalency system (TES) to view already established equivalencies between USJ and many other institutions.

Official transcripts can be mailed directly to:

Undergraduate Admissions or Registrar’s Office (current students only)
1678 Asylum Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117

e-transcripts: [email protected] or [email protected]

Take the Next Step

Come and tour our beautiful campus, learn more about our programs and discover firsthand what makes our University so unique!

Contact Us