Broaden your experience. Get pre-approved to take a course at another institution
If you’re a current USJ student and are interested in taking courses at another institution, pre-approval is required to ensure that completed coursework will be transferrable.
Things to Know about Pre-Approval Requests
- If you have already completed coursework at another institution and did not obtain pre-approval, you may still request transfer credit for work completed; however, there is no guarantee that transfer credit will be awarded.
- If you have requested and obtained pre-approval, you will need to have your official final transcript from the institution attended sent to the Office of the Registrar in order to complete the transfer credit process.
- If you believe a transfer course may be eligible to satisfy either a Perspective or Common Foundation requirement, complete the Request to Satisfy Common Foundations Requirements form. A copy of the course description, along with the form, must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- Approval forms are available in the Office of the Registrar.
Status of Transfer Credit Requests
- You will be contacted if any additional information is required during the transfer credit evaluation process.
- Depending on the date of receipt, this process may not be completed prior to the course enrollment deadlines of your returning semester. Therefore, you should not rely on this credit in determining your course schedule or credit load for your semester of return.
- Approved transfer credit will appear on both your USJ unofficial and official transcripts. The institution attended and credits awarded will be noted on the transcript.