Military and Veteran's Services

Get assistance in applying for federal educational benefits

The Office of the Registrar acts as a liaison between the government and students who are receiving Veteran’s Affairs (VA) educational benefits.  Only the VA determines if a student is eligible to receive educational benefits.

To apply for educational benefits please contact the VA at 888-GIBILL-1 (888.442.4551).  Or, visit their website here.

Only USJ students who are matriculated in a degree program may use their benefit at USJ.  Continuing Education courses, audited courses, and courses that do not count toward your program are not eligible under the benefit.

We recommend that service members speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling at USJ.

Students receiving VA educational benefits may also receive federal financial aid.  For more information on Financial Aid please the contact the department at 860.231.5223 or [email protected].

For questions please contact Justin Slater, School Certifying Official, at 860.231.5505.

Work at USJ

Join our team.

Make a Gift

Make a lasting impact.

Mission and Values

View our mission statement and core values.



Meet Our Great Faculty

Explore the professors of USJ.