Pursue a career in accounting with private industry, non-profits, or government
As a USJ Accounting major, you will start your path to success with highly specialized Accounting courses and related classes in Management, Economics, Finances, and more.
About USJ’s B.S. in Accounting Program
USJ’s B.S. in Accounting will fully prepare you for a career as a certified public accountant.
- The comprehensive curriculum allows you to complete the required 36 credits in Accounting at the undergraduate level.
- The program’s focus is on preparing you to successfully pass most of the licensing exams for accountants, including the CPA and CMA exams.
- Upon completion of the master’s degree, you will have satisfied the educational requirements necessary to obtain the CPA certificate in the state of Connecticut.
- The Accounting major is available for students in the full-time or part-time undergraduate program
- Upper-level Accounting classes are offered only on weekday evenings.
- Students in other majors may choose to minor in Accounting.
USJ Accounting graduates have enjoyed much success in their careers, including:
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) and advanced degrees
- Positions at both national and local accounting firms, including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst and Young, and Blum Shapiro
- Accounting careers in industry and government, including The Phoenix, United Technologies, IBM, and the State of Connecticut