Contemporary Athletic Coaching Practices Undergraduate Certificate
Prepare for a career in coaching
USJ’s undergraduate certificate in Contemporary Athletic Coaching Practices instructs students in the essentials of the coaching profession, including the psychological, physical, and motivational techniques and skills needed to coach young athletes.
Completion of the certificate includes instruction and preparation for receiving a coaching permit in the state of Connecticut. This certificate program is open to any student regardless of major.
- Advance your career in coaching young athletes through psychological, physical and motivational techniques and skills.
- Completion of the certificate includes instruction and preparation for receiving a coaching permit in the state of Connecticut
- SPST 200: Athletic Injury Care and Prevention (3 Credits) The study of emergency care techniques, basic injury prevention, and evaluation. Basic techniques for injury prevention and rehabilitation of injuries are examined and practiced.
- SPST 210: Motivation and Leadership in Sports (3 Credits) The principles of motivation, the importance of leadership and the different psychological skills athletes can use to improve performance.
- SPST 380: Practical Topics in Coaching (3 Credits) An overview of the principles and concepts of coaching adolescents. Provides basic knowledge of the psychological, legal, and medical aspects of coaching.
- SPST 401: Coaching Practicum (3 Credits) Planned, supervised experience within a sports coaching environment.
Janet Howes, Ph.D.
Email: [email protected]