Homeland Security Management Certificate
Expand your career in public safety and related fields
USJ’s Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security Management will give you the skills needed to manage individuals and lead organizations in today’s highly integrated emergency management and homeland security environment.
Whether you are already working in or eager to enter the field, this program will give you the skills, knowledge, and connections needed to succeed.
The Homeland Security Management Certificate is perfect for those working in national security, safety, law enforcement, fire or medical arenas (especially as related to crisis management and domestic security).
It is also ideal for anyone interested in providing a safe and secure work environment for their employees and customers.
- Develop strategies, plans, and programs to manage emergency situations such as hurricanes and other natural disasters, epidemics, and potential terrorist attacks
- Build an organizational matrix that includes federal, state, and local agencies to strengthen homeland security
- Guide decision-makers in making improvements in homeland security preparedness
- Develop the strong organizational and management skills needed to function and lead in a complex, multi-agency government department
- Develop the problem-solving skills needed to overcome the challenges of multi-agency functions such as communications, command, and task accomplishment
- Admissions application and non-refundable admission fee
- A sealed official transcript of all undergraduate work, showing a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two letters recommending the candidate for graduate work at the University of Saint Joseph
- Program of study signed by the advisor
- Letter of intent
Eric M. Chen, J.D.
Chair, Associate Professor of Business Administration