Biochemistry, M.S. (Online)
An integrated program combining coursework in the fields of biology and chemistry in an online format
Throughout the nation, biochemistry is becoming an increasingly popular and effective field of study, serving as a springboard for graduate school and for careers in a variety of industries.
As a graduate of one of the top biochemistry graduate school programs, you will have employment opportunities in Biology and Chemistry, as well as in jobs requiring an integrated program. You will also be prepared for professional training in medicine, pharmacy, and allied health programs. This program is perfect for members of the armed services stationed throughout the world. Our flexible format will meet their terms and locations of service.
The online Master’s Degree in Biochemistry at the University of Saint Joseph caters to working professionals. Because of this, the expected course load each semester is two courses. If you wish to enroll in more than two courses in a given semester, please contact the Chemistry and Biochemistry Graduate Program Director, Dr. Sarah Zingales, to discuss workload considerations.
Apply Now Send Me Info 360° Tour Program Curriculum Tuition and Fees Contact Us
The student will:
- Recognize the interconnections between Biology and Chemistry
- Relate medical diagnoses and treatment at the molecular level
- Interpret the relationship between the physical properties of the reactants and products, and the reactivity of biological reactions
- Analyze biological systems using advanced chemical concepts
- Examine equilibrium reactions and their biological use in metabolism
- Formulate the major intersections between the fields of Genetics and Biochemistry
- Evaluate the research literature in Biochemistry
- Assess the contributions various sub-disciplines of Biology have made to Biochemistry
Career Opportunities: chemist, biomedical, data scientist, forensic scientist, tech sales and marketing, food tech, pharmacist, surgeon, veterinarian, and more.
USJ’s online graduate Biochemistry program is designed for working professionals. Students can earn this degree while meeting the responsibilities of their everyday lives. Flexible course options taught by expert and experienced faculty members ensure that students develop core knowledge of biochemistry that effectively prepares them to pursue their ideal career.
A master’s degree in Biochemistry from the University of Saint Joseph will provide you with the educational foundation necessary to further your education in doctoral and professional programs or excel in the career or of your choice.
Sarah Zingales, Ph.D.
Director, Graduate Programs, Department of Chemistry
Associate Professor, Chemistry
Email: [email protected]