Chemistry, Accelerated M.S.
Complete both a B.S. and an M.S. in Chemistry in five years
Motivated students who are accepted into this accelerated program will begin taking graduate-level Chemistry courses during their senior year in order to complete their B.S. and M.S. in Chemistry in five years.
Apply Now Send Me Info 360° Tour Program Curriculum Tuition and Fees Contact Us
- You will complete six credits of graduate work prior to graduating with your B.S. degree. These graduate credits cannot be counted toward the 120 credits needed for the B.S. degree.
- Upon completion of the B.S. degree, you may apply for matriculation into the Chemistry graduate program.
- During the summer following completion of the B.S. degree, a six- to nine-credit internship must be completed. The remaining 12-15 credits are completed as coursework and research during the summer, fall, and spring of the fifth year.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive exam is also required for this accelerated M.S. degree.
- By successfully completing this program, you will enhance your potential for acceptance into doctoral programs and for careers in teaching, industry, and business.
- Career Opportunities: chemist, physician, dentist, physical therapist, environmental scientist, and more.
Earn a Chemistry a B.S. and M.S. in five years with flexible online courses for graduate students.
As science professionals are in demand, graduates have the opportunity to apply the skills learned through USJ’s comprehensive curriculum to the career of their choice, entering the workforce fully equipped to achieve professional success and serve the community.
By successfully completing this program, you will enhance your potential for acceptance into doctoral programs and for careers in teaching, industry, and business.
Jerry Darling, Ph.D.
Chair of the Chemistry Department
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Phone: (860) 231-5441
Email: [email protected]