Chemistry, Accelerated M.S.
Complete both a B.S. and an M.S. in Chemistry in five years
Motivated students who are accepted into this accelerated program will begin taking graduate-level Chemistry courses during their senior year in order to complete their B.S. and M.S. in Chemistry in five years.
About USJ’s Accelerated Master of Science in Chemistry Program
- You will complete six credits of graduate work prior to graduating with your B.S. degree. These graduate credits can NOT be counted toward the 120 credits needed for the B.S. degree
- Upon completion of the B.S. degree, you may apply for enrollment into the Chemistry graduate program
- During the summer following completion of the B.S. degree, a six- to nine-credit internship must be completed. The remaining 12-15 credits are completed as coursework and research during the summer, fall and spring of the fifth year
- Successful completion of a comprehensive exam is also required for this accelerated M.S. degree
- By successfully completing this program, you will enhance your potential for acceptance into doctoral programs and for careers in teaching, industry, and business
- Overall GPA of 3.25 or higher at the end of the junior year
- Grades of B- or better in all Chemistry, Math, and Physics courses
- Review of application by the Chemistry faculty