Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), M.A. (Online)
Navigate the diverse classroom landscape and guide your students to success
USJ’s M.A. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) will provide the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to teach the increasing numbers of multilingual learners in today’s linguistically and culturally diverse classrooms. This master’s may be cross-endorsed in Bilingual and TESOL Education.
The M.A. in TESOL is offered in the Off-Campus program as a fully online, synchronous degree program.
Apply Now Send Me Info Program Curriculum Tuition and Fees Contact Us
TEACHING ENGLISH TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES (TESOL), M.A.
This Program is Ideal For:
- Classroom teachers, K-12
- Bilingual educators
- Teachers of adults
- International teachers
- Need for TESOL and Bilingual educators in the U.S.
- 21% of K-12 students in the U.S. speak a language other than English at home (National Center for Education Statistics)
- Need for TESOL educators abroad
- More than 100,000 positions for English teachers abroad open each year
Courses are offered online to teachers across the state of Connecticut and typically begin at or after 4 p.m., and include the option to complete the program on a full- or part-time basis.
- 1 night a week, 2-year program
- 30 credits, 8-week courses
- Cohort model — develop strong peer relationships
Meredith McConnochie, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education
Email: [email protected]