Mathematics with a Concentration in Computer Science, B.S.
Enroll today in the Mathematics program with a Computer Science concentration
USJ students enrolled in the Mathematics Bachelor of Science program have the option to select a concentration in Computer Science.
This program is designed to provide students with strong analytical skills and technical abilities and enables students to pursue career goals in the computer science field.
The student will:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of fundamental concepts of discrete mathematics, calculus and linear algebra and their applications to modeling in Computer Science
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamental principles of Computer Science, including those of software design, data structures, and algorithm analysis
- Demonstrate strong programming skills, including proficiency in one or two popular programming languages and familiarity with current software development tools, computing platforms, and leading-edge technology in Computer Science
- Critically analyze programming problems and use appropriate techniques to implement efficient solutions
- Communicate technical concepts and information in a clear, concise, meaningful way, both verbally and in writing
Common Career Outcomes:
- Software engineer
- Financial analyst
- Information systems developer
- Cyber security specialist
- Math educator
- Business manager