Health Informatics Graduate Certificate (Online)
Advance Your Career in the Health Industry
USJ’s online graduate certificate in Health Informatics is the first 12-credit Health Informatics graduate certificate in Connecticut that will provide you with the tools needed to meet the challenges facing health care in the United States.
Health Informatics integrates health care with information technology, Health Informatics combines computer science, math, and statistics to facilitate the management, operation, and decision-making of health services.
Students with the Health Informatics certificate are ideal for:
- Leadership positions in the health care industry (hospitals, clinics), pharmaceuticals, and insurance companies
- Careers as health care IT professionals
- Federal and local government positions in the public health and health care arenas
The courses are co-listed with Management and can be counted as electives toward the MS in Business degree. All courses are offered online and are on a 7 or 8 weeks schedule.
- Develop the communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills needed to be competitive in this fast-growing industry
- Gain knowledge of standards and regulations governing health data and health care information systems
- Excel in data driven decision-making by acquiring skills in data organization and evidence-based analysis
- Learn to manage systems and conduct analyses to gain an edge in an in-demand field
Office of Graduate Admissions