BECOME A HEALTH CARE LEADER OF TOMORROWJoin USJ’s nationally recognized program in Nursing
The department of Nursing educates students for all levels of nursing practice by building on a firm foundation in the arts and sciences. The mission of the Department of Nursing is to provide a rigorous professional education to a diverse population, built on a firm foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, that prepares students for leadership roles at all levels of nursing practice. The Department is committed to supporting holistic growth, fostering strong ethical values, providing an environment of equity and inclusion, promoting personal integrity, and preparing students committed to social justice.
USJ’s Baccalaureate (Traditional and Accelerated Second Degree) and Master’s (Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner)Programs will host a CCNE reaccreditation visit on September 18-20, 2023.
Written third-party comments must be received by CCNE 21 days before the scheduled on-site evaluation. Submit written comments by August 28, 2023 to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Attn: Third-Party Comments
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
or email to: [email protected]
#10 Nationwide, Best Nursing Colleges,
and #1 in New England
Sourced By: The Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
#3 Best Colleges for Nursing in CT
2023 Best Colleges
Graduate (Hybrid) Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner Program
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
- Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner Certificate (Post-Master’s) – Hybrid
- Musculoskeletal Health/Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Certificate (Post-Master’s)
- Nursing, DNP, (Post-Bachelor’s)
- Nursing, DNP (Post-Master’s)
Explore USJ NursingLaunch Nursing
Benefit from Our Acclaimed Curriculum
- Faculty-student clinical ratio of 1:6 provides the personal attention and guidance needed in today’s acute-care settings
- State-of-the-art technology supports learning in our fully operational Nursing Education and Simulation Center.
- Clinical courses begin in the sophomore year (spring semester)
Learn from Clinical Placements in Leading Health Care Agencies
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- CCMC Medical Center
- Hartford Hospital
- Hospital of Central Connecticut
- Middlesex Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Jefferson House
- McLean Senior Living
- Gaylord Specialty Healthcare
Learn from Renowned Nursing Professionals
Our Nursing faculty consists of renowned professionals involved in research, clinical practice, and professional scholarship both nationally and internationally.
Join a Winning Team of Nursing Graduates
- Many students who prepare with a USJ B.S. degree, with a concentration in Nursing, pursue a Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Graduates are employed in hospitals, schools, private corporations, and other health care organizations, such as:
- Pediatric Intensive Care
- Home Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Post-operative Cardiac Care
- Critical Care
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Facilities
- Emergency Departments
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certification at the University of Saint Joseph are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE DISCLOSURE
In accordance with the U.S. Department of Education’s Regulation 34 CFR 688.43(a)(5)(v), please refer to The Board of Nursing Professional Licensure Requirement page here. Select Connecticut on the dropdown menu for full licensure requirements in Connecticut.