Earn professional respect as a student of USJ’s nationally recognized Department of Nursing
Join the University of Saint Joseph Nursing department to prepare for your future in Nursing.
The Department of Nursing educates students for all levels of nursing practice by building on a firm foundation in the arts and sciences. The mission promotes the growth of the whole person in a caring environment and fosters strong ethical values, intellectual curiosity, personal integrity and a commitment to the health and well-being of society. The goal is to prepare graduates to practice the art and science of Nursing, be effective leaders, and use evidence-based resources to improve the health of persons, families, and communities.
#10 Nationwide, Best Nursing Colleges,
and #1 in New England
Sourced By: The Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
#3 Best Colleges for Nursing in CT
2023 Best Colleges
Graduate (Hybrid) Programs
- Family Nurse Practitioner Program
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
- Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner Certificate (Post-Master’s) – Hybrid
- Musculoskeletal Health/Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Certificate (Post-Master’s)
- Nursing, DNP, (Post-Bachelor’s)
- Nursing, DNP (Post-Master’s)
Start Your Journey Today
Explore USJ NursingLaunch Nursing
Benefit from Our Acclaimed Curriculum
- Faculty-student clinical ratio of 1:6 provides the personal attention and guidance needed in today’s acute-care settings
- State-of-the-art technology supports learning in our fully operational Nursing Learning Center and Simulation Laboratory.
- Clinical courses begin in the sophomore year (spring semester)
- Named #73 nationwide among private nursing schools and #16 overall in New England by the Nursing School Almanac 2020 Nursing School Rankings.
Learn from Clinical Placements in Leading Health Care Agencies
- Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- CCMC Medical Center
- Hartford Hospital
- Hospital of Central Connecticut
- Middlesex Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Jefferson House
- McLean Senior Living
Learn from Renowned Nursing Professionals
Our Nursing faculty consists of renowned professionals involved in research, clinical practice, and professional scholarship both nationally and internationally.
Join a Winning Team of Nursing Graduates
- Many students who prepare with a USJ B.S. degree, with a concentration in Nursing, pursue a Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Graduates are employed in hospitals, schools, private corporations, and other health care organizations, such as:
- Pediatric Intensive Care
- Home Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Post-operative Cardiac Care
- Critical Care
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Facilities
- Emergency Departments
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master’s degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and/or post-graduate APRN certificate program at the University of Saint Joseph is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. Information about the accreditation process is available at CCNE.
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE DISCLOSURE
In accordance with the U.S. Department of Education’s Regulation 34 CFR 688.43(a)(5)(v), please refer to The Board of Nursing Professional Licensure Requirement page here. Select Connecticut on the dropdown menu for full licensure requirements in Connecticut.