Accelerated Second Degree (ASD), Nursing
Earn a B.S. in Nursing through our accelerated, competitive program
USJ’s Accelerated Second Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (ASD) offers students with baccalaureate degrees in other disciplines the opportunity to gain a B.S. with a concentration in Nursing.
Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree in another discipline may apply for admission to the Accelerated Second Degree in Nursing. Students in the ASD program are awarded a Bachelor of Science degree upon completion of Nursing academic requirements. Graduates of the ASD program will then be eligible to take the National Council licensing examination for licensure as a Registered Nurse (NCLEX).
- Complete all Nursing courses over 15 months (two summers and one full academic year – May through August)
- Apply for tuition assistance up to $20,000 today!
- Integrate the aesthetics and empirics of nursing with the natural/behavior sciences, the humanities, and interprofessional education to provide holistic care for individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in leadership that promote quality improvement and patient safety
- Implements an evidence-based and theoretically guided framework for nursing practice including the five patterns of knowing in nursing and transition theory
- Utilize data from diverse sources with knowledge and skill in informatics and patient care technology to promote safety and optimal patient outcomes
- Appraise and respond to the economic, legal, political, and social issues that impact the health and wellness of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations through emancipatory knowing
- Communicate and collaborate with other members of the health care team to advocate for high-quality and safe patient care
- Deliver culturally appropriate nursing care through health promotion and disease prevention to populations on a local and global level
- Assume responsibility and accountability for ethical professional behavior and nursing care
- Demonstrate competent nursing practice in diverse settings caring for individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations
Financing your nursing education
CT Health Horizons grant available for aspiring nurses
At USJ, we offer many kinds of financial assistance including grants and scholarships. Tuition support for Accelerated Second Degree Nursing (ASD) students is available through CT Health Horizons. Apply for admission today to qualify for tuition support up to $20,000.
Office of Admissions
Email: [email protected]