Nursing Education and Simulation Center
Enhance your studies at the Nursing Education and Simulation Center
A combination classroom, clinical practice area, and study space
Take A TourLaunch Nursing
The Linda DelFavero Morasutti ’83, M’13, and Robert M. Lee Nursing Education and Simulation Center is located in McDonough Hall, Room 211. It provides Nursing students with the opportunity to practice their assessment, intervention, and evaluation skills in a realistic and non-threatening environment.
Practice with Confidence
The mission of the Nursing Education and Simulation Center is to provide a high-quality simulation-based health care education grounded in research and best practices that supports curricula for both undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
The Nursing Education and Simulation Center provides a student-centered environment for nursing students to practice simulation-based education, with the purpose of improving patient safety and health outcomes.
TheNursing Education and Simulation Center will continue to develop and increase opportunities for students to participate in simulation-based education that reflects the health care needs of diverse populations and the complexities of interprofessional collaboration.
TheNursing Education and Simulation Center will advance the science of simulation-based education through research and partnerships with health care systems.
Diversity, Health Equity, & Inclusion Statement
The Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab strives to foster an environment where similarities and differences are not only embraced and valued, but also celebrated. We acknowledge that institutional diversity is the cornerstone for the advancement of knowledge, the delivery of equitable care, and increasing access to care for all.
By working collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and our community partnerships, the Nursing Education and Simulation Center at the University of Saint Joseph, strives to train a culturally responsible and socially accountable health care workforce to meet the ever-evolving needs of the diverse populations we serve.
The Lab Gives Students the Opportunity For:
- Individual and group study
- Facilitated study groups with the lab director
- Workshops for:
- Nursing care plan development
- Practice with medication dosage calculations
- Medication administration
- NCLEX-RN preparation
- Practice with a wide variety of clinical skills
- Clinical simulations with state of the art simulators mimicking live patients
- Meetings with professional organizations such as the Student Nurses Association
- And so much more!
Our State-of-the-Art Technology Includes:
- METIman® Simulation Manikin
- Life-like skills training simulators
- Victoria® Birthing Simulator
- Full array of health assessment technology
- Pediatric high fidelity simulator
- Multiple task trainers
- Vital Sim
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointments are available upon request.
- Events are always being planned and will be announced by the lab director or a member of the Department of Nursing.
- Student recommendations for activities in the lab are both encouraged and welcomed.