Nursing Learning Center and Simulation
Enhance your studies at the Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab
A combination classroom, clinical practice area, and study space
Capital Project- Nursing Simulation Lab
Grand Opening: Fall 2021
The Nursing Learning Center and Simulation Lab is located in McDonough Hall, Room 211. It includes The Linda DelFavero Morasutti and Robert M. Lee Simulation Area that provides Nursing students with the opportunity to practice their assessment, intervention, and evaluation skills in a realistic and non-threatening environment.
Practice with Confidence
The mission of the Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab is to provide a high-quality simulation-based healthcare education grounded in research and best practices that supports curricula for both undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
The Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab provides a student-centered environment for nursing students to practice simulation-based education, with the purpose of improving patient safety and health outcomes.
The Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab will continue to develop and increase opportunities for students to participate in simulation-based education that reflects the health care needs of diverse populations and the complexities of interprofessional collaboration.
The Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab will advance the science of simulation-based education through research and partnerships with health care systems.
Diversity, Health Equity, & Inclusion Statement
The Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab strives to foster an environment where similarities and differences are not only embraced and valued, but also celebrated. We acknowledge that institutional diversity is the cornerstone for the advancement of knowledge, the delivery of equitable care, and increasing access to care for all.
By working collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and our community partnerships, the Nursing Learning Center & Simulation at the University of Saint Joseph, strives to train a culturally responsible and socially accountable healthcare workforce to meet the ever-evolving needs of the diverse populations we serve.
The Lab Gives Students the Opportunity For:
- Individual and group study
- Facilitated study groups with the lab director
- Workshops for:
- Nursing care plan development
- Practice with medication dosage calculations
- Medication administration
- Kaplan and NCLEX-RN preparation
- Practice with a wide variety of clinical skills
- Clinical simulations with state of the art simulators mimicking live patients
- Meetings with professional organizations such as the Student Nurses Association
- And so much more!
Our State-of-the-Art Technology Includes:
- METIman® Simulation Manikin
- Life-like skills training simulators
- Victoria® Birthing Simulator
- Full array of health assessment technology
- Pediatric high fidelity simulator
- Multiple task trainers
- Vital Sim
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Evening and weekend hours available upon request.
- Events are always being planned and will be announced by the lab director or a member of the Department of Nursing.
- Student recommendations for activities in the lab are both encouraged and welcomed.
- Anyone wishing to make an appointment to see the lab should call 860.231.5270.