Nursing Learning Center and Simulation Lab
Enhance your studies at the Nursing Learning Center & Simulation Lab, a combination classroom, clinical practice area, and study space.
The Nursing Learning Center and Simulation Lab is located in McDonough Hall, Room 211. It includes The Linda DelFavero Morasutti and Robert M. Lee Simulation Area that provides Nursing students with the opportunity to practice your assessment, intervention, and evaluation skills in a realistic and non-threatening environment.
The Lab Gives Students the Opportunity For:
- Individual and group study
- Facilitated study groups with the lab director
- Workshops for:
- Nursing care plan development
- Practice with medication dosage calculations
- Medication administration
- Kaplan and NCLEX-RN preparation
- Practice with a wide variety of clinical skills
- Clinical simulations with state of the art simulators mimicking live patients
- Meetings with professional organizations such as the Student Nurses Association
- And so much more!
Our State-of-the-Art Technology Includes:
- METIman® Simulation Manikin
- Life-like skills training simulators
- Victoria® Birthing Simulator
- Full array of health assessment technology
- Pediatric high fidelity simulator
- Multiple task trainers
- Vital Sim
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Evening and weekend hours available upon request.
- Events are always being planned and will be announced by the lab director or a member of the Department of Nursing.
- Student recommendations for activities in the lab are both encouraged and welcomed.
- Anyone wishing to make an appointment to see the lab should call 860.231.5270.