Nursing, B.S. to DNP (Post-Bachelor)
Play a pivotal role in your patient’s lives as an advanced practice nurse
USJ’s B.S. to DNP graduates are passionate providers prepared to be on the forefront of innovation. Join a knowledgeable and value-driven community dedicated to improve healthcare locally and globally.
Our practice-focused doctoral program prepares graduates to:
- Assess, diagnose and treat individuals and families with complex, chronic, and/or co-morbid conditions
- Apply fiscal principles and logical methodologies to health care system problems
- Analyze epidemiological and statistical data for their implications related to individual and population health and the effects of health policies on patient care, populations, and the healthcare system
- Lead nursing practices in a range of clinical settings using health promotion and population health approaches, inter-professional collaborative skills, clinical scholarship, evidence-based practice, cultural competencies, and ethical sensitivity to manage patient care
Take the first step toward a career as an advanced practice nurse, ranked a top 10 career by U.S. News & World Report.
This degree program will provide you with a broad perspective that includes holistic health care for your patients including understanding how social and economic factors influence health outcomes.
- Lead organizations and systems as a practice scholar through the application of quality improvement strategies, systems thinking, and information technology
- Advance patient and population health outcomes through scholarship, advocacy, leadership, and communication/collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Influence public policy to minimize health disparities and promote access to quality care
- Apply scientific knowledge, evaluation methods, and quality improvement strategies to advance evidence-based clinical practice and improve health care systems and outcomes
How is USJ’s B.S. to DNP Unique?
Why USJ? Our renowned faculty who are respected professionals in their field will guide you through your journey of becoming an advanced practice nurse. What also makes USJ distinct is:
- Program focus on clinical leadership for population & global health
- On-campus coursework, with a hybrid class format
- On-site clinical placements in Connecticut
- Students select a track of study: Family Nurse Practitioner or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate with your Doctor of Nursing Practice
To get started, please submit:
- Completed application available at www.usj.edu/apply
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official B.S. in Nursing transcript from a regionally and nationally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation: non-clinical faculty; clinical faculty; and employer
- Program essay: How will a DNP degree from USJ help you meet your professional goals?
- Nursing supplemental health form
- Copy of valid nursing license on admission
- Background check (not required for admission)
- On-campus interview
- Visit www.usj.edu/visitus to register for upcoming events
How Do USJ Students Carry on the Florence Nightingale Legacy?
By striving my best, using evidence based practices in my work, and always brainstorming ways in which healthcare can be improved.
– Jessica Karwowski, USJ Nursing Student