RN to B.S. in Nursing (Online)
Advance your nursing career with a B.S. in Nursing at USJ
Efficient, flexible, and supportive!
Our program is designed for registered nurses with an Associates Degree in Nursing who want to complete their Bachelor of Science degree. We complement your current training with a program that will enhance your ability to practice in a complex, multicultural, globalized health care system where leadership, professionalism, and scholarship are central to nursing practice.
The RN-BS program is a fully online program that can be completed in 4 semesters and one summer through a flexible 30-credit plan of study comprised of 18-credits nursing major courses and a 12-credits core curriculum.
Students from any of the Connecticut Community College Nursing Programs (CT-CCNP) have guaranteed admission to our program. We also have a transfer-friendly policy that respects prior learning experiences in the classroom and in the workplace.
Apply now. We look forward to supporting you in reaching your professional goals.
Even though it was stressful with my full-time job and family responsibilities, the faculty was very supportive, and I successfully completed the degree in 2017. I received a promotion and it has improved my confidence and leadership skills. Further, the faculty guided me to the FNP program and I am graduating at the end of this year. Overall, students have everything they need at USJ to reach their goals and I would highly recommend this institution.– Savitha Chandramohan ’16
- $18,000 for the entire program (up to 30 credits), plus student fees
- FAFSA is required to determine eligibility for federal/state need-based aid and student loans
- No USJ/institutional grant aid applies.
- Academic and professional advising by USJ faculty
- Transfer of 38 Nursing credits and typically 38 additional credits toward USJ degree requirements
- Seamless transition from your community college to USJ
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this an online program?
Yes, the RN – BS program is entirely online. We utilize a cohort model with a small number of students to provide a strong source of support. Dedicated faculty who are committed to online teaching also promote student and course engagement.
What makes this program exceptional?
Our faculty are trained in Quality Matters, a quality assurance program developed to improve the design, conception, and presentation of online courses.
In addition, students in the program have access to a vibrant and inclusive on-campus community, the Center for Academic Excellence staff and resources, a dedicated librarian, and a Teaching and Learning Center/IT assistant — all ready to help with program success and completion.
Is the RN-BS program accredited?
Yes, the Online RN-BS program is accredited by the following:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Approval by the Connecticut Board of Examiners in Nursing
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and post-graduate APRN certificate program at University of Saint Joseph are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Community College Guaranteed Admission Program Requirements
Apply for guaranteed admission during ANY semester in the Connecticut Community College Nursing Programs (CT-CCNP), and you will be guaranteed a place in USJ’s Online RN to B.S. in Nursing program.
- Completion of your A.S. degree within three years of beginning the program
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Connecticut
- Enrollment in USJ within two years of earning your A.S. degree