Sports Nutrition Undergraduate Certificate
Prepare for a career in health and wellness with a specialization in the field of sports nutrition
USJ’s undergraduate certificate in Sports Nutrition provides students the essentials of sports nutrition with a course in exercise physiology and training about the integration of nutrition and fitness. As part of this nine-credit certificate program, students benefit from working in a sports nutrition position gaining hands-on practical experience in the field, and completing a related project.
- Convenient three-course offering
- The certificate would complement current majors such as nutrition, exercise science, sports studies, and sport management
Required Courses: Nine Credits
- NUTR236 Sports Nutrition- 3 Credits: (prerequisite of NUTR220 or NUTR380) Basic nutritional requirements of active individuals and the relationship of proper nutrition to increased health and human performance
- NUTR202 Exercise Physiology- 3 Credits: Study of the basic concepts of nutrition, energy, and systems of energy transfer and use in exercise and training
- NUTR493 Practicum in Sports Nutr.– 3 Credits (prerequisite NUTR236, senior standing or permission of instructor) Students work for eight hours per week in an area of sports nutrition gaining hands-on practical experience in the field and implement a related project.
Melissa Brown, Ph.D., RD, CSSD, LD
Chair and Associate Professor, Nutrition and Public Health
Graduate Program Director