Social Work & Equitable Community Practice
Social work is one of the fastest-growing professions in the United States.
The Department of Social Work and Latino Equitable Practice offers the Social Work major with optional concentrations in criminal justice or Latino Community Practice. Latino Community Practice is also offered as a minor or a certificate. The department also offers the Adelante certificate. Each of these programs serves to develop community leaders who are committed to achieving social justice.
Contact us to learn more about our programs, or explore our program options below.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
Get hands-on, practical social work experience in the field
Social work students entering into field practice are required to contact one of our social work advisors to discuss your interests and possible placement options.
In selecting a field practice setting, the Social Work program considers:
- Availability, appropriateness, and effectiveness of services provided
- The interests and qualifications of agency personnel
- Settings that engage in generalist social work practice
- Willingness to commit the necessary resources of physical space, supervision, and practice opportunities