OPEN HOUSE EVENT
School of Pharmacy and PA Studies
Saturday, March 11, 2023
While each applicant is considered holistically, the Admissions Committee looks for a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a four-point scale and a minimum GPA of 2.8 in the 44 semester credits of required prerequisite courses, with no grade below a “C” (C-minus grades are not accepted). In keeping with this approach, if you do not meet these criteria, you may still apply and provide evidence addressing your current academic record.
In addition, all candidates must:
- Complete an earned bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in the program, unless the candidate is part of the USJ Undergraduate 3+3 Pathway Program (see below).
- Complete a minimum of 44 semester credits of study in a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or Canada. Ordinarily, all prerequisite coursework should be less than seven calendar years old. Applicants with credits or credentials from outside the United States and Canada will be reviewed and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Complete all prerequisite coursework before matriculating in the program. Ideally, prerequisites should be completed by the end of the spring term prior to matriculation, but selected courses may be completed in the summer.
The following courses are required to be considered for admission to the Pharm.D. program.
Pharm.D. Application Information
The Pharmacy application deadline for the Doctor of Pharmacy degree program is June 1, 2023 for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applicants who wish to be considered for admission into the 2023-2024 academic year will have time to submit their required application material. Seats may be limited, so apply today! Applications are reviewed weekly and admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
While the final deadline for application submission is June 1, 2023, USJ has a priority deadline of March 1, 2023. Priority will be given to those with verified applications prior to March 1.
Undergraduate 3+3 Pathway Programs to a Pharm.D at USJ
Undergraduate Pathway programs minimize your time and maximize your investment by providing a path to complete your studies a year ahead of schedule, saving up to a year’s tuition in the process and allowing you to benefit from the best academics from each university. Contact [email protected] for more information about USJ’s 3+3 Pathway agreements with:
- Georgian Court University
- Iona College
- Johnson & Wales University
- Mercy College, OH
- Mercy College of Health Sciences, IA
- Sacred Heart University
- Saint Joseph’s College of Maine, ME
- Salve Regina University
- The University of Detroit Mercy, MI
- University of Hartford
Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree and Pharm.D. in Six Years
The USJ Undergraduate Pathway Program uses credits from the first-year of the USJ Pharm.D. program to transfer to your undergraduate institution as credit toward graduation.
The first three years of the 3+3 program are devoted to coursework at your undergraduate institution. You will take courses in the major, general education courses, and electives that include all of the prerequisite coursework for the pharmacy program.
Students in the 3+3 Pathway Program will apply to the Pharm.D. program in the third year of their undergraduate program. If they are accepted, they can use a predetermined number of credits from the USJ Pharm.D. first year to satisfy the remaining credits for the bachelor’s degree, depending upon the major. Please contact us at [email protected] for specifics, since each case is unique.
For undergraduate students at the University of Saint Joseph, more information can be found here.