Program Mission & Outcomes
The mission of the University of Saint Joseph Physician Assistant Studies Program is to foster the development of engaged learners into well qualified Physician Assistants. Intellectual rigor in a spiritually enriched environment will cultivate competent, ethical members of the health care team who demonstrate the highest level of integrity and a commitment to life-long learning. Graduates will exemplify a sense of social responsibility through service to the community and their profession.
Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam
The USJ Physician Assistant program strives to achieve the following goals:
- Graduate highly competent PAs prepared to enter clinical practice upon graduation
- Cultivate a spiritually enriched learning environment
- Provide a learning atmosphere imbued with intellectual rigor
- Emulate the values that result in the formation of ethical PA graduates
- Prepare graduates who are collaborative members of the health care team, and who provide patient-centered care in an inter-professional context
- Develop an atmosphere that exemplifies the highest level of professional integrity
- Foster the development of the skills required for life-long learning, scholarly inquiry, and professional development
- Promote an appreciation for social responsibility that is inherent to PA practice
- Model and encourage the importance and the value of service to the profession and society
How Will the Program Measure Its Success in Meeting These Goals?
Click here for a description of the data that will be gathered once the program commences to demonstrate our success.