Program Mission & Outcomes
The mission of the University of Saint Joseph Physician Assistant Studies Program is to foster the development of engaged learners into well qualified Physician Assistants. Intellectual rigor in a spiritually enriched environment will cultivate competent, ethical members of the health care team who demonstrate the highest level of integrity and a commitment to life-long learning. Graduates will exemplify a sense of social responsibility through service to the community and their profession.
Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam
The USJ Physician Assistant program strives to achieve the following goals:
- Graduate highly competent PAs prepared to enter clinical practice upon graduation
- Cultivate a spiritually enriched learning environment
- Provide a learning atmosphere imbued with intellectual rigor
- Emulate the values that result in the formation of ethical PA graduates
- Prepare graduates who are collaborative members of the health care team, and who provide patient-centered care in an inter-professional context
- Develop an atmosphere that exemplifies the highest level of professional integrity
- Foster the development of the skills required for life-long learning, scholarly inquiry, and professional development
- Promote an appreciation for social responsibility that is inherent to PA practice
- Model and encourage the importance and the value of service to the profession and society
How Will the Program Measure Its Success in Meeting These Goals?
Click here to read the report demonstrating our success in meeting our goals