Foster your potential in the University of Saint Joseph Honors Program. Highly talented and motivated students are invited to join this esteemed program based on academic merit and intellectual curiosity.
What is the Honors Program at USJ?
It is a unique academic program that combines:
- Seminar style courses with interactive discussions
- Diverse extracurricular activities including service-learning opportunities in the Greater Hartford area
- Opportunities for independent study and study abroad
It is a community of inquisitive learners who enjoy participating in a program that is:
- Academically challenging
- Structured to nurture significant relationships
- Seamless as it crosses disciplines and accommodates all academic areas
What Should You Expect?
When you put bright, motivated people together, amazing things happen!
- The classroom is a forum of stimulating ideas and conversations
- The residence halls, where Honors students live on the same floor, cultivate a strong sense of community
- The Honors lounge serves as a second home for commuters and all Honors students; it is a place to meet, relax, and exchange ideas
Honor students have the opportunity to present their work at conferences and study abroad to expand their knowledge. USJ has an Honors Scholarship along with funding to support Honors student research and study abroad programs.
The Honors Program embodies all the best aspects of our Catholic intellectual tradition here at USJ: a rigorous and interdisciplinary search for what is true, a supportive and challenging community of faculty and students, and a desire to practice our Mercy values within the broader Hartford area.– Benjamin Peters, Ph.D., director of the Honors Program and associate professor of Religious Studies
Meet the Honors Program Faculty
Coordinator of Women’s and Gender Studies
Director, Honors Program