First Year Students
Settle into college life with support and tools that will help ensure your success.
As a first-year student at USJ, you will be given the tools you need to succeed throughout your college experience.
- Faculty will inspire you to fulfill your potential
- Your average class size will include 14 students; student/faculty ratio is 8:1
- Your First-Year Seminar (FYS) course will help you transition to college-level learning and living
In the USJ Community
Take The Next Step: Easy Admission Process
- Submit your application online or through the Common App and we will waive the fee.
- Submit official transcripts from your high school.
- Request your official test scores (SAT and/or ACT) be sent to USJ (see Test Optional Admission Policy).
- Submit an essay, 250 words or more in length.
- Have a teacher or high school counselor write a letter of recommendation and send it to the University.
- Include your ZeeMee link or unique profile page (optional)—Learn more about ZeeMee.
- Review our FAQ section and Test Optional Admission Policy.
- Our Admissions team travels to meet prospective students—meet us on the road.
- Find your path in seconds. Create your CustomViewbook.
Questions? Contact an Admissions Counselor.