First Year Students
Settle into college life with support and tools that will help ensure your success.
As a first-year student at USJ, you will be given the tools you need to succeed throughout your college experience.
- Faculty will inspire you to fulfill your potential
- Your average class size will include 14 students; student/faculty ratio is 8:1
- Your First-Year Seminar (FYS) course will help you transition to college-level learning and living
In the USJ Community
Take The Next Step: Easy Admission Process
- Submit your application online or through the Common App and we will waive the fee.
- Submit official transcripts from your high school.
- USJ is fully test optional for all programs and scholarships starting in the 2021 application cycle!
- Submit an essay, 250 words or more in length.
- Have a teacher or high school counselor write a letter of recommendation and send it to the University.
- Our Admissions team travels to meet prospective students—meet us on the road.
- Find your path in seconds. Create your CustomViewbook.
Questions? Contact an Admissions Counselor.
First Year Admissions FAQs
Your first year as a college student can be exciting, hectic—and filled with questions.
We’re here to help. Review these answers to the questions we frequently receive from incoming students or contact us for more information.