Have the college experience you want by transferring to USJ!
Submit an online application as well as the following application materials:
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you’ve attended
Transfer students are welcome, but not required, to submit a personal statement or academic letters of recommendation. USJ is committed to a holistic, comprehensive admissions process for all applicants to the University. When reviewing applications, the Office of Admissions considers your academic record, accomplishments and activities in both school and the community, as well as any essays or recommendations submitted.
We are committed to maximizing the number of credits that apply to your USJ degree. You will receive your official transfer credit evaluation once admitted to USJ.
- You must complete at least 45 credit hours of course work at USJ
- A minimum of 120 hours is required to receive a bachelor’s degree for most programs. Contact your transfer counselor for exact requirements
- The last 24 credits towards a degree must be completed at USJ
You can monitor the status of your application by checking your Admissions Portal (link to apply.usj.edu/status) or by contacting the Office of Admissions at [email protected] or 860.231.5216.
- Complete a free application
- Submit official transcripts from your high school and all post-secondary institutions you’ve attended.
- Submit an essay and letters of recommendation (recommended, but not required).
- Official Transfer Credit Evaluations provided upon admittance. Unofficial Transfer Credit Evaluations provided upon request.
- USJ offers a variety of scholarships for full-time transfer students—you’ll likely be eligible.
Transfer Student Checklist
- Complete an Online Application
- Official high school transcript and all official post-secondary transcripts required
- Meet with your Transfer Admissions Counselor
- Receive your Official Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Attend a Campus Tour
- Complete your FAFSA and meet with your Financial Aid Counselor
- Begin your USJ journey by paying your enrollment deposit!
Degree Completion Programs: Transfer Your Credits & Complete Your Degree at USJ
USJ values your prior work and academic experiences. Qualified students who have earned their associate’s degree and/or a minimum of 60+ transferable credits can complete the requirements for the following degree completion programs:
Requirements for the degree completion programs include:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of course work contingent upon the requirements for the program. These hours can include a combination of courses at USJ or transferred from another regionally accredited institution.
- Students must earn 45 credits from USJ. The last 24 credits counted toward a degree must be taken at USJ.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C” average in all work completed — some majors may require a higher GPA).
- Core curriculum and competencies for your degree program
Connecticut Transfer Guarantee
The University of Saint Joseph is proud to be a part of the Connecticut Transfer Guarantee (CT Guarantee), a statewide effort to establish systematic transfer pathways between the University of Saint Joseph and CT State Community College. The guarantee allows eligible associate degree recipients to earn the USJ Bachelor’s degree in 60 credits.
Get the facts. Learn more about transferring to the University of Saint Joseph.
Attend a university where you can get the degree you need and be a part of a mission-driven community. Join us at USJ today to be a part of a small university with BIG outcomes!
Don’t see the answer you need? Contact us for more information.