transfer nowMake your move today and get the college experience you always wanted by transferring to the University of Saint Joseph.
- Complete a free application
- Submit official transcripts from your high school and all post-secondary institutions you’ve attended.
- Submit an essay and letters of recommendation (recommended, but not required).
- USJ offers a variety of scholarships for full-time transfer students—you’ll likely be eligible.
To Transfer Credits
- You must complete at least 45 credit hours of course work at USJ
- A minimum of 120 hours is required to receive a bachelor’s degree for most programs. Contact your transfer counselor for exact requirements
- The last 24 credits towards a degree must be completed at USJ
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Following enrollment, you will meet with an academic advisor to review your transfer credits and register for classes.
Degree Completion Programs: Transfer Your Credits & Complete Your Degree at USJ
USJ values your prior work and academic experiences. Qualified students who have earned their associate’s degree and/or a minimum of 60+ transferable credits can complete the requirements for the following degree completion programs:
Requirements for the degree completion programs include:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of course work contingent upon the requirements for the program. These hours can include a combination of courses at USJ, within the Hartford Consortium, or transferred from another regionally accredited institution.
- Students must earn 45 credits from USJ. The last 24 credits counted toward a degree must be taken at USJ.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C” average in all work completed — some majors may require a higher GPA).
- Core curriculum and competencies for your degree program
Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee
The University of Saint Joseph is proud to be a part of the Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee (Connecticut Guarantee), a statewide effort to establish systematic transfer pathways between Connecticut’s community colleges and four-year independent institutions. The Connecticut Guarantee mitigates credit loss and increases student success by ensuring admission into participating independent colleges for associate degree-holding students. Students who participate in the Connecticut Guarantee and choose to enroll at USJ in an eligible program will ensure that they are able to graduate in as few as two years.
The Connecticut Guarantee ensures admission to USJ for students with an Associate’s Degree from a Connecticut Community College and who have earned a minimum GPA of 2.5. At the core of the Connecticut Guarantee is an unwavering commitment to equity, opportunity, and access for all students in higher education.
Benefits of the Connecticut Guarantee
- Guaranteed admission to USJ for students who have completed their Associate’s Degree requirements and have a 2.5 or higher GPA
- Nursing, Direct-Entry PA, and 3+3 Pharmacy excluded
- Application fee waiver for anyone who has an Associate’s Degree
- Reduces credit loss, ensuring students are able to complete their degree requirements more efficiently
- Increased access for all students transferring from Connecticut community colleges
Students who enroll in an eligible 60+60 program, as part of the Connecticut Guarantee, will ensure that, upon completing their Associate’s Degree with at least a 2.5 GPA, they will need no more than 60 credits to graduate from the University of Saint Joseph. This allows transfer students to remain on their four-year pathway to complete their Bachelor’s Degree. 60+60 programs at USJ include:
Get the facts. Learn more about transferring to the University of Saint Joseph.
Attend a university where you can get the degree you need and be a part of a mission-driven community. Join us at USJ today to be a part of a small university with BIG outcomes!
Don’t see the answer you need? Contact us for more information.