transfer nowMake your move today and get the college experience you always wanted by transferring to the University of Saint Joseph.
- Complete a free application
- Submit official transcripts from your high school and all post-secondary institutions you’ve attended.
- Submit an essay and letters of recommendation (recommended, but not required).
- USJ offers a variety of scholarships for full-time transfer students—you’ll likely be eligible.
To Transfer Credits
- You must complete at least 45 credit hours of course work at USJ
- A minimum of 120 hours is required to receive a bachelor’s degree for most programs. Contact your transfer counselor for exact requirements
- The last 24 credits towards a degree must be completed at USJ
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Following enrollment, you will meet with an academic advisor to review your transfer credits and register for classes.
Degree Completion Programs: Transfer Your Credits & Complete Your Degree at USJ
USJ values your prior work and academic experiences. Qualified students who have earned their associate’s degree and/or a minimum of 60+ transferable credits can complete the requirements for the following degree completion programs:
Requirements for the degree completion programs include:
- Completion of a minimum of 120 semester hours of course work contingent upon the requirements for the program. These hours can include a combination of courses at USJ, within the Hartford Consortium, or transferred from another regionally accredited institution.
- Students must earn 45 credits from USJ. The last 24 credits counted toward a degree must be taken at USJ.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C” average in all work completed — some majors may require a higher GPA).
- Core curriculum and competencies for your degree program
Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee
The University of Saint Joseph is proud to be a part of the Connecticut Independent College Transfer Guarantee (Connecticut Guarantee), a statewide effort to establish systematic transfer pathways between Connecticut’s community colleges and four-year independent institutions.
Get the facts. Learn more about transferring to the University of Saint Joseph.
Attend a university where you can get the degree you need and be a part of a mission-driven community. Join us at USJ today to be a part of a small university with BIG outcomes!
Don’t see the answer you need? Contact us for more information.